Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Weird news from Pittsburgh

With a day off from the office, I spent some time perusing one of my favorite baseball-related sites www.mlbtraderumors.com. While there I saw some interesting news regarding former Shreveport Captain Salomon Torres.

Torres apparently is at odds with Pittsburgh Pirates management over a number of topics and has requested a trade.

One of the more interesting developments is over an unwritten agreement where the Pirates wold pay rent for one of Torres' baseball academies in the Dominican Republic. Supposedly the Pirates have not lived up to their end of the bargain and Torres has filed a grievance over it.

This is the second time a player with Shreveport-Bossier City ties has filed a grievance this season. Unfortunately for Torres, I don't see his turning out as well as I can see Todd Walker's grievance against the San Diego Padres going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home