Friday, July 20, 2007

Bonds gets closer

So here we are in late July and Barry Bonds is two homers away from tying Hank Aaron's home run record and three from setting it.

I've come to the acceptance that Bonds is going to break the record. Of course the record will last as long as it takes Alex Rodriguez to get there.

Do I have questions about Bonds and steroids? sure, but I have questions about steroids and a lot of players.

You can still have your questions, even your dislikes, but you have to acknowledge the accomplishment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Swannon said...

I am commenting about Barry Bonds closing in on the record. I read recently about someone who had seen a game in Colo and booed and heckled Barry while he was in the field. I have been a Giants fan since I started watching baseball. I would have loved to had an opportunity to see Barry play in person. Some people just like to show their ignorance. Their are teams and players in all sports that I do not like but I still admire players for their accomplishments. Barry has won 7 MVPs and finished 2nd twice. Wether you like him or not. That is quite a feat. He has not tested positive on any drug tests. They are leaving this steroid issue hang over his head. Anyone else would have been judged and if guilty, been punished by now. The medias coverage of Barry is like the war. You hear the negative side of everything. You dont hear about the good things he has done off the field only the things the media wants to exploit. Good luck Barry and maybe when you reach 756, they'll leave you alone

July 23, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home