Thursday, April 17, 2008

Belated congratulations

When I leave the office for my two days off, I try to get as far away from work-related things as I can.

So, to Louisiana-Lafayette baseball coach Tony Robichaux, a belated congratulations on career win No. 500 as the Ragin' Cajuns skipper.

I worked with and for "Coach Robe" for three years in college, covering him for the student newspaper then serving as his sports information director for a year.

I can't believe it's been seven years since I attended a game at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field, but it's good to see Robichaux rolling along.

It's been seven years since his name was bandied about for the LSU opening when Skip Bertman left and Robe was always a candidate for the perpetually on-the-h0t-seat Rod Delmonico at Tennessee.

Time flies, but Robichaux stays consistent. That's a rarity in today's college baseball world and another reason why Robe remains one of my favorite people in the business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home