Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Forgive me, I'm learning

It's funny, I never thought real baseball axioms would apply to fantasy baseball.

Oops, I was wrong.

In April, we set up a fantasy baseball league through ESPN.com at the office. Seven of us joined and let the Web site draft for us.

Six months later, our little league is drawing to a close and it is killing me. My offense is leading the league in batting average, runs, home runs and RBIs and is third in stolen bases. In those categories I have accumlated 33 of a possible 35 points. Good right? Yes.

But as you know there are two sides to every story. And the bad side of this story is my pitching staff. I should have renamed them the 1996 Detroit Tigers. Yeesh. I have the worst ERA by far and my WHIP is nearly the worst. I'm backsliding everywhere except saves and i'm only fifth in that category.

Anyway, the point of my little rant comes down to one measly point. That's all I trail Scott Ferrell by with five days left. ONE MEASLY POINT!!!

Oh well, guess I should have consulted all the baseball sages of the past when it came to my first fantasy entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home