Saturday, June 16, 2007

Don't bet against the Beavers

Repeat after me, "I will never count out Oregon State in the postseason."

Yes, I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to thinking the Beavers' continued postseason success will end sometime soon. After a 13-inning loss in the second game of the Charlottesville Regional, I figured the third-seeded Beavers were done. Oops.

Then, when Michigan's Zach Putnam nearly no-hit OSU in Game 1 of the Corvallis Super Regional, I thought the Beavers were done. Oops again.

Now the Beavers have to face perennial national title contender Cal State Fullerton in Omaha? No chance, right? Oops a third time.

At some point, I'll learn. I'm just glad I've put no money on the Beavers -- win or lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home