Sunday, January 20, 2008

Red Sox like Wilkerson

That would be Rangers free-agent outfielder/first baseman Brad Wilkerson to be exact. And for the life of me I don't know why.

Well I guess if the Red Sox lose Eric Hinske to free agency then Wilkerson fills that role.

I have to admit, having watched Wilkerson since he played collegiately at Florida, I initially thought he was a great addition to the Rangers when Texas landed him in the Alfonso Soriano trade with Washington.

I could not have been more wrong. Wilkerson is a trooper who played through injuries during his time in Texas, but his production was lacking.

Granted the shoulder injuries likely had a lot to do with it, but, as of now, Wilkerson looks a lot worse for wear than he did just two seasons ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home